Note: I have also posted this at vbulletin.org
In vBulletin 4, the developers recently upgraded the bundled YUI version to 2.9.0 from 2.7.0. Since vB 3.8 is EOL, I found a way to manually update the bundled YUI version. I’ve tested vB 3.8 with YUI 2.9.0 as much as I could, and did not run into any problems.
Changes since 2.7.0 (mainly “Animation”, “Connection”, “DragDrop/Drag & Drop”, “Yahoo”):
2.9.0 contains fixes for IE9, among others.
There is not a way to move from 2.x to 3.x yet for YUI given the extensive amount of changes that would be needed in vBulletin… maybe one day. 😉
Anyway, to update, follow these steps:
- Backup your current YUI folder. It is located at /clientscript/yui/.
- Download YUI 2’s latest version (currently 2.9.0) by going to: http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/2/ – you need to select “Full Developer Kit”.
- Once downloaded, extract to your hard drive.
- Open the resulting /yui_2.9.0/yui/ folder (or the version you downloaded) and find the build folder.
- Copy the following files to your forum root. You will need to allow them to overwrite.
<br /> /animation/animation-min.js => /your forum root/clientscript/yui/animation/animation-min.js<br /> /connection/connection-min.js => /your forum root/clientscript/yui/connection/connection-min.js<br /> /connection/connection-min.js => /your forum root/clientscript/yui/connection.js<br /> /dragdrop/dragdrop-min.js => /your forum root/clientscript/yui/dragdrop/dragdrop-min.js<br /> /yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js => /your forum root/clientscript/yui/yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js<br /> /yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js => /your forum root/clientscript/yui/yahoo-dom-event.js<br />
- Edit /includes/class_core.php and find:
And there you go, you have the latest and greatest YUI 2.x.