Updating YUI for vBulletin 3.8
Note: I have also posted this at vbulletin.org
In vBulletin 4, the developers recently upgraded the bundled YUI version to 2.9.0 from 2.7.0. Since vB 3.8 is EOL, I found a way to manually update the bundled YUI version. I’ve tested vB 3.8 with YUI 2.9.0 as much as I could, and did not run into any problems.
Changes since 2.7.0 (mainly “Animation”, “Connection”, “DragDrop/Drag & Drop”, “Yahoo”):
2.9.0 contains fixes for IE9, among others.
There is not a way to move from 2.x to 3.x yet for YUI given the extensive amount of changes that would be needed in vBulletin… maybe one day.
Anyway, to update, follow these steps:
- Backup your current YUI folder. It is located at /clientscript/yui/.
- Download YUI 2′s latest version (currently 2.9.0) by going to: http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/2/ – you need to select “Full Developer Kit”.
- Once downloaded, extract to your hard drive.
- Open the resulting /yui_2.9.0/yui/ folder (or the version you downloaded) and find the build folder.
- Copy the following files to your forum root. You will need to allow them to overwrite.
/animation/animation-min.js => /your forum root/clientscript/yui/animation/animation-min.js /connection/connection-min.js => /your forum root/clientscript/yui/connection/connection-min.js /connection/connection-min.js => /your forum root/clientscript/yui/connection.js /dragdrop/dragdrop-min.js => /your forum root/clientscript/yui/dragdrop/dragdrop-min.js /yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js => /your forum root/clientscript/yui/yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js /yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js => /your forum root/clientscript/yui/yahoo-dom-event.js
- Edit /includes/class_core.php and find:
And there you go, you have the latest and greatest YUI 2.x.